Contributor – Evan Morgan
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge is located in the Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, situated in the South-Western section of the Kruger National Park. It offers a unique, one-of-a-kind experience for travellers and tourist venturing into this beautiful region.
With a 5 out of 5 rating on Trip Advisor (averaged from nearly 600 reviews), Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge is a favourite among guests. Whether you look to get away from it all on your next vacation, see wildlife up close in their natural environment, or awaken your inner lion, Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge delivers everything you need. So, experience the best that South Africa has to offer.
Sabi Sabi Luxury Safari Lodges
In the heart of the South African wilderness, guests can choose from a variety of luxury lodges. These luxury lodges are unique in that each captures a specific point in time:
- YESTERDAY (Selati Camp): Step back in time and experience Africa’s great Safari era. This luxury lodge is an ideal getaway for couples. Let the romance carry you and your partner back in time as you experience love and luxury nestled in the bygone times of yesterday.
- TODAY (Bush Lodge): This contemporary Bush Lodge offers all the best of being out in the bush with the modern luxuries of today. The modern design is something that guests will notice instantly, and that, along with genuine African hospitality, will make your stay a memorable one.
- TOMORROW (Earth Lodge): This lodge offers guests a glimpse of the vibrant future. Internationally acclaimed, the Earth Lodge is all about simplicity, luxury, beauty, and award-winning design.
- Little Bush Camp – the newest addition to the Sabi Sabi family of luxury options. The Camp is ideal for families and groups. Intimate Little Bush Camp provides a setting of seclusion. Guests are free to get lost in their own little paradise without the distractions of the modern world.
No matter which lodge you choose, each offers a memorable experience that will stay with you long after you depart from this breathtaking Eden.
Luxury African Safaris at Sabi Sabi
No South African vacation would be complete without a traditional African Safari experience. If you’re looking to immerse yourself in the bush, Sabi Sabi offers a variety of Safari experiences to choose from:
- Morning Safaris: An early morning call from the Ranger wakes guests up before first light as you gear up to go on a morning safari. Guests can greet the morning with their choice of coffee, tea, a selection of fruit juices, a muffin, rusk, or another freshly-made treat.
- Evening Safaris: Evening Safaris are a completely different beast when compared to their morning counterpart. The animals come out from under the shade of trees and greet the cool night, and guests can welcome it right alongside them.
- Morning Guided Bushwalk: For guests that want to leave behind the safety of vehicles and truly experience the African Bush in its purest form, you may opt to participate in a guided bush walk. You and a small group will set off into the bush following a delicious breakfast. There, you’ll experience the bush first hand, with numerous species of birds all around and the African soil beneath your feet. This is the perfect choice for those that want to experience the bush and nature in its purest form.
All-inclusive safari packages are also available.
Getting to Sabi Sabi
(All information taken directly from the official Sabi Sabi website).
GETTING THERE BY AIR – FEDERAL AIR
Daily scheduled flights from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip.
Private air charters on request.
Helicopter transfers on request.
Complimentary transfers between the Sabi Sabi Airstrip and the Sabi Sabi safari lodges.
GETTING THERE BY AIR – AIRLINK
Airlink operates daily scheduled flights between Johannesburg and Skukuza; and between Cape Town and Skukuza
Airlink operates daily scheduled flights from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip on Federal Air.
Airlink operates convenient and daily direct flights between Nelspruit and Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and connecting Livingstone (Vic Falls), Zambia to Nelspruit every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Airlink usefully, operates daily scheduled flights from Durban and Cape Town to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi. Airstrip Transfers between Skukuza Airport and Sabi Sabi can be arranged and charges will apply.
Book directly with Airlink.
Travel by road
500 km from Johannesburg, it’s an easy five-hour drive on National Roads. From Nelspruit on the N4, Sabi Sabi is a two-hour scenic drive from Nelspruit.
Surrounded by the natural beauty and wildlife of the African Bush (and the comfort of the Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge), Kruger National Park in South Africa is the ideal getaway. In fact, for those with a zest for life and a hunger for adventure, it’s a must-do. With numerous lodging options and safari packages to choose from, let the Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge take you on your next adventure.